Chocolate Chestnut Cake
|Canned chestnuts||30 Ounce, drained (3 Can)|
|Light cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brandy/Amber rum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||18 Ounce (3 Package)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
1. Lightly butter bottom and side of a 10-inch springform pan. (Or use a 9-cup scalloped mold, lightly greased;) Line bottom of springform pan with waxed paper; grease paper.
2. In electric blender or food processor, combine chestnuts, cream and brandy; blend until smooth. (If using a blender, puree one-third of ingredients at a time.) Pour into a large bowl.
3. In small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with butter, stirring constantly. Let cool slightly; stir into chestnut mixture.
4. Preheat oven to 375°F.
5. In small bowl of electric mixer, beat egg yolks with granulated sugar until very thick and light. Add whole eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until thick and light colored. Beat in cornstarch and salt.
6. With wire whisk or rubber spatula, fold egg mixture into chestnut mixture until thoroughly combined. Turn into prepared pan.
7. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cool in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate to chill well - several hours.
8. To serve: Remove side of spring-form pan, or turn out of mold onto serving plate.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6917 Calories from Fat 3157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 359 g552.5%
Saturated Fat 216.2 g1081.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1967.9 mg656%
Sodium 673.4 mg28.1%
Total Carbohydrates 849 g283.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.7%
Sugars 706.1 g
Protein 37 g74.1%
Vitamin A 149.8% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 43.1% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet