Almond Cherry Cake
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened (100 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Ground almonds||3 1⁄2 Ounce (90 Gram)|
|Self rising flour||1 1⁄2 Ounce, sifted (40 Gram)|
|Glace cherries||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Almond essence||5 Milliliter|
|Butter||2 Ounce, softened (50 Gram)|
|Icing sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Amaretto||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Glace cherries||4 , halved|
1. Let the oven heat to 350°F (180°C/Gas 4) and grease and line an 18 cm (7 in) round tin.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Put in the eggs, one at a time, gradually mixing in the ground almonds and beating thoroughly between each addition.
4. Using a metal spoon, fold in the flour, cherries and almond essence and mix well.
5. Into the prepared tin pour and let it bake for 50—55 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Take out of the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before turning the cake out carefully on to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. For the topping, beat all the ingredients together until very fluffy and smooth.
8. Spread on the top of the cake and make a pattern with a fork or with the edge of a round-bladed knife.
9. Spread the cherry halves and nuts alternately around the edge of the cake, also laying a few in the middle.