Earl Grey Fruit Cake
|Sultanas||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Raisins||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Currants||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Demerara sugar||4 Ounce (4 Ounce)|
|Tea||1⁄4 Pint, strained (150 Milliliter)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Self rising flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
1) In a bowl, add the sultanas, raisins and currants, lemon rind and demerara sugar, reserve 1 tsp sugar to use later.
2) Stir in the strained tea , cover and leave until the next day so that the tea is absorbed into the dried fruit and sugar.
3) Stir in the beaten egg into the dried fruit mixture, blend well.
4) Lastly, sift the flour and gently fold into the mixture.
5) In a greased and lined 500 g (1 1/4 lb) loaf tin, place the mixture and sprinkle with the reserved demerara sugar.
6) Bake in a preheated oven for about 1 hr; turn out on to a wire rack to cool.
7) Slices and serve on a nice dish.
Calories 432 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.8%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.9 mg20.3%
Sodium 772.3 mg32.2%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 46.2 g
Protein 8 g16.7%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 13.7%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet