Egg-less Banana Sandwich Cake
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sodium bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Banana flavored butter cream/Caramel icing||150 Milliliter (1 tub)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Grease two 9-inch square sandwich cake tins with butter or oil.
3. Into a small bowl, sift flour and salt together.
4. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Stir in the mashed bananas, lemon juice, essence, soda, and spice.
6. Lightly fold in the flour mixture in batches, alternately adding sour milk alternately.
7. Divide the batter into the cake tins and tap lightly to spread evenly.
8. Bake the cakes for about 30 to 35 minutes in the hot oven until spongy to touch.
9. Remove and let cool in the tins then invert onto a wire rack and let the cakes cool.
10. Sandwich the cakes with banana butter cream or caramel icing.
11. Cut the cake into squares and serve them at tea-time or as a dessert.