|French bread/Vienne bread||1 1⁄2 Pound, crusts discarded and cut into 1/2 -inch-thick slices|
|Butter||2 Cup (32 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen raspberries||8 Cup (128 tbs), Defrosted (With Liquid Reserved)|
|Sour cream/Creme fraiche||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Take a 9 inch spring-form pan, with 3 inch depth. Grease with butter and sprinkle sugar.
2. Take butter slices and spread butter on one of their sides. Use the buttered slices to line the pan bottom and sides, with buttered portion pressing onto pan sides. Add butter in generous amounts on the bread-lined mold.
3. Top with 1/2 cup sugar followed by ½ of the portion of raspberries and the juice and then another 1/cup sugar. Prepare another layer with buttered bread slices and top with 12 cup sugar. Add rest of the raspberries and juice and cover with a layer f buttered bread slices. Sprinkle ½ cup sugar above.
4. Keep a flat plate above the arrangement to compress easily and allow to chill for at least 6 hours. The more the chilling time is, the better the cake will be.
5. Take out, dip the mold base in hot water and unmold. Transfer to a platter by placing the side down and remove the mold.
6. Serve immediately with sweetened sour cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8948 Calories from Fat 4993
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 568 g873.2%
Saturated Fat 340.4 g1702%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1446 mg482%
Sodium 5217.2 mg217.4%
Total Carbohydrates 963 g321.1%
Dietary Fiber 94.1 g376.3%
Sugars 501.4 g
Protein 120 g240.2%
Vitamin A 330.9% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 142.3% Iron 146.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet