Egg-less Almond Crumble Cake
|Cake yeast||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Lemon||1⁄2 (peel grated)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint, lukewarm|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Ounce (According to taste)|
|Soft butter||2 Ounce|
|Sugar||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Vanilla flavoring||To Taste|
|Cream/Condensed milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Butter||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Plain flour||5 Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
2. Grease a round or square cake tin with butter or oil.
3. To make the cake base dough
4. In a small cup, dissolve the yeast cake in the tepid milk, after creaming it with a little of the sugar.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine the rest of the dough ingredients and rub in the butter.
6. Add the yeast mixture, and knead well, adding more tepid milk if necessary, to make a soft dough.
7. Turn out and roll out the dough to line the base and sides of the cake pan.
8. Allow the pastry base to rest.
9. To make the filling
10. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
11. Then whip in the curds and add cream or condensed milk.
12. Whip for about two minutes, until thick.
13. Pour and spread this mixture over the pastry in base.
14. To make the crumble topping
15. In a bowl, combine all the topping ingredients and rub with fingertips until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over the curd filling.
16. Bake the cake in a moderately hot oven for about 45 minutes until the filling has set and the topping is golden brown.
17. Remove and rest for a while.
18. Cut into wedges or squares and serve the cake warm.