Royal Strawberry Cake
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Pint|
1) Pre-heat the oven to moderate temperature.
2) In a small bowl and whisk the egg well. Keep it aside.
3) In a wide bowl, put in the cream sugar, shortening, and the whisked egg. Whisk the ingredients.
4) Now add in a part of flour, sifted with salt and baking powder. Pour in a part of the milk and mix well.
5) Put in the remaining flour, milk and the flavoring. Form a smooth batter
6) On a well greased, shallow cake pan, spread the batter evenly.
7) Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes in the oven.
8) Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool.
9) Then, pplit the cake horizontally in two.
10) Spread whipped cream and crushed, sweetened strawberries on one layer. Sandwich the layers back together.
11) Top the cake with whipped cream and whole strawberries.
12) Serve chilled.
You can cut the cake into many layers if you want.