Vegan Fruit Cake
|Sodium bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
|Mixed dried fruit||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1. Grease an 8-inch X 5-inch pan or a loaf tin with oil it with flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F
3. In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup water with sugar and syrup and bring to a boil.
4. Boil the mixture for about 3 minutes, or until u get a syrup. Allow the mixture to cool to lukewarm.
5. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Stir in the fruit.
6. Add oil and rub into the flour mixture with your fingertips, so that the mixture resembles crumbs.
7. Gradually add the syrup, mixing quickly and lightly, only enough to moisten the flour.
8. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan.
9. Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
10. Remove and let cake cool in the pan before inverting onto serving plate.
11. Slice and serve the cake warm or cold, for breakfast or as a teatime snack. You can use this sponge as a base for desserts.
Calories 827 Calories from Fat 408
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.8%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 805.7 mg33.6%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.7%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40.1%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 23 g45.2%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 0.67%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 31.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet