Egg-less Banana And Sour Cream Cake
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bananas||2 , mashed|
|Sour cream/Yogurt||5 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soya lecithin||1 Tablespoon (soaked in 2 tablespoons water)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Grease a 8-inch square cake tin with butter or oil.
3. Into a small bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
4. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Stir in the mashed bananas and the soaked lecithin.
6. Lightly fold in the flour mixture in batches, adding cream alternately.
7. Fold in the nuts.
8. Pour into the cake tin and tap lightly to spread evenly.
9. Bake the cake for about 30 to 40 minutes in the hot oven.
10. Remove and let cool in the pan then invert onto a wire rack and let the cake cool.
11. Cut the cake into squares or slices and serve them warm at tea-time