Ice Box Fruitcake
|Mixed raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon essence||2 Teaspoon|
|Cream crackers||1⁄2 Pound (Homemade or store bought)|
|Soft butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mixed spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Date||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crystallized fruit||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mixed peel||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Chop the fruits and nuts and combine them in a bowl.
2. Line a loaf pan with wax paper or cling film.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and honey until light and fluffy.
4. Stir in the spice, flavorings and salt.
5. Tip the fruit and nuts mixture into the creamed mixture and mix well.
6. Cover and let stand for two hours for the flavors to blend.
7. Place the crackers in a plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin.
8. Fold the cracker crumbs into the fruit and nut mixture.
9. Turn the mixture into the lined loaf tin and press well to pack.
10. Cover the top with wax paper or cling film and place loaf tin in refrigerator for two days.
11. Unmold the cake on to a platter.
12. Slice and serve it chilled.