Egg-less Cheese and Apple Coffee Cake
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (sifted)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Tart apples||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped (pared)|
|Oil/Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F
2. Grease an 8-inch square cake tin with oil or butter.
3. Into a large bowl, sift dry ingredients together and keep aside
4. In a saucepan, melt the butter.
5. Stir in the sugar and cheese.
6. Add this to the dry ingredients.
7. Add milk alternately until well blended.
8. Fold in the apples
9. Turn the batter into the greased tin.
10. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle this over the batter.
11. Dot with butter.
12. Bake on middle level of hot oven, until spongy to touch, about 25 to 30 minutes.
13. Cut into squares and serve cake warm with coffee.
Calories 359 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.7 mg6.6%
Sodium 245.8 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 23.5 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 198.6%
Calcium 28.7% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet