Walnut Spice Sandwich Cake
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mixed spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Superfine sugar||3⁄8 Cup (6 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||3 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), whipped|
|Walnut halves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Take a plate and sift flour.
2) To it add salt and spices.
3) Beat in eggs into a double boiler and whisk it until the eggs turn fluffy.
4) Continue whisking and add sugar to it until it takes the consistency of softly whipped cream (This will take about 10 minutes with a whisk and 5 minutes with an electric beater).
5) Sprinkle walnuts and flour and mix in the egg mixture.
6) Take two 7 inch sandwich teans, line with greaseproof paper, and grease with butter.
7) Pour the batter in the greased pan and bake at 350 degree F at Gas Mark 4, for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
8) Allow to cool, garnish with chopped walnuts, and serve with the whipped cream.