Cinnamon Buttermilk Coffee Cake
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°.
2) Take a large mixing bowl and mix 2 cups flour and sugar in it.
3) Cut in butter to this and rub until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
4) Reserve 3/4 cup of the crumb mixture.
5) Mix 1/3 cup flour to the remaining crumb mixture.
6) Stir in egg, buttermilk, soda, and cinnamon to this until mixture is moistened.
7) Mix the reserved crumb mixture with nuts.
8) Take a greased 9-inch square pan and spoon batter into it and sprinkle the crumb-nut mixture over it.
9) Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until coffee cake is done.
10) Cut the cake to squares.
11) Serve with coffee.