Soft Molasses Cake
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Royal baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting it to a moderate temperature.
2) Take a bowl and cream the shortening into it.
3) Add sugar gradually to it and mix well by beating constantly.
4) Beat the eggs and add to batter along with the molasses.
5) Sift the flour together with salt, baking powder, spices and soda.
6) Add half of it to the batter.
7) Add the other dry ingredients along with the milk and mix thoroughly.
8) Take a shallow pan and grease it.
9) Place the mixture in a pre-heated oven and bake for 40 minutes approximately.
10) Serve it hot.