Eggless Crumb Cake
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||5 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Thick cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), desiccated|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F
2. Grease an 8-inch square cake tin with oil or butter.
3. To make the cake base, into a large bowl, sift flour, salt and baking powder, thrice.
4. Mix in the sugar.
5. Make a hollow in centre of the flour mixture and pour in the melted butter, cream and vanilla milk.
6. Mix to a soft dough.
7. Spread the dough on the base of the tin.
8. In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients for the topping and mix well, until it resembles cake crumbs.
9. Sprinkle over the cake.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until the base is spongy and the topping is golden brown.
11. Allow the cake to cool slightly and serve warm. It tastes, better the same day.