Tuna and Cauliflower Cakes
|Low carb white bread slices||2 , toasted|
|Frozen cauliflower florets/2 cups fresh cauliflower florets||10 Ounce (1 Box)|
|Chunk light tuna in oil||12 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Scallions||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Mayonnaise||8 Tablespoon, divided|
|Finely grated lemon zest||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
1. Pulverize toast in a food processor to make fine crumbs; transfer to a medium bowl.
2. Cook cauliflower according to package directions, or steam until tender, about 10 minutes. Completely drain off any water. Cool slightly; transfer to food processor. Add eggs and puree.
3. Add cauliflower mixture, tuna, scallions, 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise, zest, parsley, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper to bread crumbs.
4. Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; brush lightly with about 1 teaspoon of the oil. Form cauliflower mixture into twelve 1/4-cup cakes and cook, turning once, until golden on the outside and heated through, about 3 minutes per side. Brush skillet with remaining oil as needed.
5. Mix remaining 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, mustard, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Serve tuna cakes with sauce on the side.