Angel Food Cake And Frozen Yogurt With Strawberry Rhubarb Syrup
|Sliced rhubarb||3 Cup (48 tbs) (With Tops And Bottoms Removed)|
|Strawberries||2 Pint, hulled, sliced|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Riesling wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced fresh ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla bean||1⁄2 , split|
|Orange||1 (Use The Zest Of Orange)|
|Fresh mint||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Angel food cake||1|
|Low fat yogurt/Vanilla ice cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), frozen|
1. Use a large heavy bottomed saucepan.
2. Combine rhubarb, strawberries, water, sugar, wine, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla bean and orange zest in the saucepan and stir to mix well.
3. Place the saucepan over medium heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until thick and syrupy.
4. Reserving a few mint leaves for garnish, coarsely chop remaining leaves and add to pan.
5. Take pan off heat and allow the mixture to stand for 15 minutes and then strain through a wire mesh sieve, retaining the syrup.
6. Cool syrup to room temperature.
7. Arrange 6 dessert plates.
8. In the center of each plate, make a pool of the syrup.
9. Place a slice of angel food cake over the syrup and top the cake with a scoop of frozen yogurt.
10. Garnish with a sprig of mint.