Shortcake Biscuit Stars
|Margarine||8 Ounce, softened (225 Gram)|
|Icing sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram,1 Can)|
|White flour/Half white and half wholewheat flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
1. Line a baking sheet with grease proof paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 300° F, 150° C.
3. Quarter the cherries for decoration.
4. In a large bowl, use an electric beater to cream the margarine with the icing sugar until it is light and fluffy.
5. Add the flour and beat again to form a smooth and thick batter.
6. Spoon the mixture into a large piping bag with a star shape nozzle.
7. Pipe star shaped cookies onto the baking sheet keeping a distance or 1 inch between each biscuit.
8. Top each star biscuit with a piece of cherry in the center.
9. Place the baking sheets on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake the cookies for 25 to 30 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
10. Remove the cookies from the oven and generously sprinkle caster sugar on the cookies while they are hot.
11. Allow the cookies to cool and harden on the baking sheets for 10 to 15 minutes.
12. Serve the cookies with tea.
13. You can sandwich the cookies with your favorite cream and serve them at a party.
14. Store the cookies in an air tight cookie jar or a plastic food container lined with grease proof paper.