|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Parsnips||2 Pound, boiled and mashed|
|Toasted seasoned bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, combine and blend warm mashed parsnips with egg, nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste.
2. When mash is cooled to room temperature, cover bowl with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into slightly flattened patties.
4. Dip each patty in egg, then coat with crumbs on both sides in a plate.
5. Arrange crumbed patties on a plate, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hour.
6. In a large skillet, melt butter over a medium flame.
7. Arrange 4 patties at a time and fry on both sides for about 3-4 minutes each until golden brown
8. Remove and drain on paper towel lined baking sheet.
9. Place the first batch of fried patties in a warm oven set at 250° F. while you fry the next batch.
10. Serve the patties hot and crispy with a sauce of your choice as an appetizer or as a side dish