Mystery Fudge Cake
|Regular all purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated green tomato||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
2. In another bowl beat together butter and sugar until smooth and blended.
3. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
4. With a wooden spoon, stir in vanilla, orange peel, and green tomatoes.
5. Stir the nuts into the sifted dry ingredients and add to tomato mixture alternately with milk.
6. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube or bundt pan.
7. Bake at 350° until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
8. Cool in pan 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool thoroughly.
9. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.