Chocolate Raspberry Cake
|Sifted cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||3 Ounce, melted and cooled (3 Pieces, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Packed brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dairy sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Strong coffee||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coffee liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red raspberry preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chocolate butter frosting/Any frosting of your choice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease two 9-inch round cake tins with butter and lightly dust them with flour.
3. In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat butter or margarine and melted chocolate with an electric beater until well blended.
5. Add brown sugar and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
6. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until blended.
7. Further, beat in sour cream and coffee and coffee liqueur.
8. Fold in sifted dry ingredients or beat on a low speed until combined.
9. Pour batter into prepared tins.
10. Place tins on middle level of the preheated oven.
11. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
12. Remove from the oven and cool cakes in tins for 10 minutes.
13. Invert cakes onto wire racks and cool thoroughly.
14. Spread raspberry preserve to sandwich the two cake.
15. Cover sides and top of the cake with Chocolate Butter Frosting or frosting of your choice.
16. Place on a pastry stand or on a flat platter.
17. Serve chilled.