Fresh Orange Shortcake
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whipped topping/Whipped cream||5 Tablespoon|
1) Remove peels and cut oranges into sections.
2) Take enough oranges for 5 cups of sections.
3) Preserve ¾ cups of juice and drain the rest.
4) Keep a cup of sections aside for topping.
5) Take a medium sized saucepan and mix butter, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, orange juice and rind along with water.
6) Place it over low heat and cook stirring continuously until it thickens slightly becoming bubbly.
7) Remove the saucepan from heat before adding 4 cups of orange sections.
8) Stir them in.
9) Take a serving dish and place a pastry round on it.
10) Cover it with 1/3 cups of orange sauce.
11) Add rest of the pastry rounds on top and spoon in the remaining orange sauce over it.
12) Garnish with an orange section and a dollop of whipped cream before serving.