Instant Black Forest Cake
|Chocolate cake mix||19 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned cherry pie filling||21 Ounce, divided|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) In two 9-inch cake dishes, place the wax papers and line the bottoms.
2) In a large mixer bowl add the eggs, cake mix, water and oil.
3) Blend in the electric mixer on low, till moistened, scrap the bowl at intervals.
4) Beat further for 2 minutes at medium speed , frequently scraping bowl.
5) Stir the cherry pie filling and almond extract in the cake batter, reserving 1 cup of the cherry pie filling for layering.
6) Pour the batter equally in the prepared dishes and microwave each layer individually.
7) On an inverted saucer, place the cake dish and microwave at 7 for 5 minutes, turn the dish at half interval and again at last.
8) Microwave further on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes until cooked well in the center.
9) Remove from the microwave and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
10) Turn onto a serving plate and keep aside to cool.
11) Bake and cool the second layer in the same manner.
12) Evenly spread the reserved cherry pie filling on one cake layer and cover with the second layer of the cake.
13) Finally sprinkle the cake nicely with the powdered sugar.
14) Slice and serve on a nice plate.
Calories 892 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.6%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg52.9%
Sodium 1010.1 mg42.1%
Total Carbohydrates 161 g53.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.4%
Sugars 72.3 g
Protein 8 g16.7%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet