Floribbean Pound Cake
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Finely shredded lime peel||5 Teaspoon (From About 3 Limes)|
|Canned unsweetened coconut milk/Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
|Tropical fruit mix||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Use Assorted Variety Such As Mango Slices And Kiwifruit Slices)|
1. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside. Stir together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add the 1 1/2 cups sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on medium-high speed about 6 minutes total or till very light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition, scraping bowl often. Beat in the lime peel.
3. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on medium-low speed just till combined. Beat in coconut milk or regular milk. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake in a 325° oven for 55 to 60 minutes or till a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, for syrup, in a small saucepan combine the 1/2 cup sugar and lime juice. Cook and stir over medium heat to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat.
5. Invert cake onto a wire rack (place a sheet of waxed paper under the rack). Prick top and sides of cake with a toothpick and brush with the syrup. Immediately sprinkle with coconut; cool.