|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to moderate temperature.
2) In a bowl, sift the flour with salt and baking powder. Rub in the shortening with your hands, very lightly.
3) Add milk to the mixture and make a firm but soft dough.
4) On a slightly floured board, pat out the dough. Make sure that it is just about ½ inch thick.
5) Now place the dough on a well greased, shallow pan.
6) Take the apples; wash, pare, core and cut them into sections. Press the apple bits into the dough.
7) Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon dust over the dough.
8) Bake for 30 minutes or until the apples turn tender and golden brown.
9) Make slices and serve warm with cream or milk.