Carob Almond Cake
|Melted butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yogurt/Sour milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Carob powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl, add all the wet ingredients and combine all together.
2) Now, take the dry ingredients to sift into the bowl. Blend well.
3) Use a 9 x 9 inch pan to grease with oil. Pour the mixture into the pan.
4) Set your oven at 325° and place the pan inside oven.
5) Bake for 1 hour or until the cake is ready.
6) Use your choice of frosting to decorate the cake and serve.
Calories 1622 Calories from Fat 623
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g108.8%
Saturated Fat 44 g219.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 188.9 mg63%
Sodium 660.2 mg27.5%
Total Carbohydrates 244 g81.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.9%
Sugars 160.1 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 42.7% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 77.2% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet