Dried Fruit Cake
|Chopped mixed candied fruits||1 Pound|
|Chopped pitted dates||1⁄2 Pound|
|Pecan halves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Macadamia nut halves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Apricot jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1. Take a mixing bowl, add dates, candied fruits, pecans, macadamia nuts and raisins.
2. Sieve flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. Mix nuts and mixed fruits, vanilla and egg and mix well.
3. Take 2 baking dishes, long ones, prepare them and transfer the mixture into both.
4. Cook for about 8 minutes.
5. Cool the cakes and arrange them in the dishes.
6. Take a small skillet, blend cornstarch, water and apricot jam, cover and heat for about 30 seconds to prepare the apricot sauce.
7. Top the cake with apricot sauce and serve.