Fruit Cake Pie
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Candied cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Candied pineapple||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon, softened|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , slightly beaten|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Candied cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), halved|
|Pecan halves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1.Preheat the oven at 350F.
2. Layer the pastry over 10-inch pie pan and set aside.
3. In a bowl combine chopped candied fruit, dates, and chopped pecans. Mix them well and put it over the pastry shell.
4. In a bowl mix butter and sugar and blend it in electric mixer till they turn soft and fluffy. Add other ingredients like corn syrup, eggs, salt and spices to it and blend them well by setting the electric mixture to medium speed.
5. Put this mixture over the fruit mixture in a pastry shell.
6. Layer pecans, and candied cherries on the top of pastry shell .
7. Bake the mixture at 350 for about 40-45 minutes till the filling gets set.
8. Cool the cake before serving. Team it with any of your favorite drink like coffee or tea.