Banana Spook Cake
|White cake mix||19 Ounce (1 Package, Of 1 Pound, 3 Ounces)|
|Yellow banana||4 Medium|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Plus 8 Pieces For Decoration)|
|Yellow banana||2 Medium|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Marshmallows||4 (Of Cat Faces)|
1. Follow the instructions given in the package and bake the cake in 2 layer pans. Allow to cool.
2. Take a saucepan, add 4 bananas and mash. Stir in ¼ cup of lemon juice and sugar. Stirring continuously, allow to cook till mixture starts boiling fully. Allow to chill and fold whipped cream into the cooked mixture.
3. In a saucepan, prepare a mixture of butter and ½ cup of chocolate pieces that are semi sweet and stirring continuously, cook on low heat to a smooth mixture.
4. Beat the eggs to foamy and slowly add chocolate mixture. Beat to a smooth mixture and allow to chill to a spread consistency.
5. Take 1/3rd banana cream and spread between the cake layers. Top with chocolate glaze. Use rest of the banana cream to frost the sides of the cake.
6. Slice 2 bananas into halves, using lemon juice brush the halves and place chocolate pieces as eyes and licorice as mouths.
7. Hold the spooks in place by inserting toothpicks in cut portions of the bananas and secure marshmallows around the sides of the cake using toothpicks or use toothpicks to secure marshmallows around the cake.
8. Slice and serve.