Sherry Cream Filled Angel Food Cake
|Angel food cake mix package||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Almond extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Plain gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|Sweet sherry wine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Pint, whipped|
|Crushed peanut brittle||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Follow the package instruction to prepare the angel food cake mix by adding vanilla and almond extracts to the batter.
2) Mix gelatin in cold water.
3) Pour the batter into a 10-inch tube pan.
4) Bake in moderate oven for 20-25 minutes or until not done.
5) Invert the cake on wire rack to cool.
6) Cut the cake crosswise in 2 layers.
7) In a saucepan, pour sherry and heat to simmering.
8) Add gelatin, sugar and salt and stir until dissolved.
9) Allow the mixture to cool and chill.
10) Mix whipped cream to this. And again set for chilling.
11) Arrange the cake layers together by putting a part of the mixture as filling between the layers.
12) Cover the top and sides of the cake with the remaining mixture.
13) Place inside refrigerator to chill for several hours.
14) Just 1 hour before serving, top with peanut brittle.