|Chocolate swiss roll cake||1 (10 1/2 X 12 3/4 Inch)|
|For rum filling|
|Cream||6 Fluid Ounce (3/4 Cup / 185 Milliliter)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark rum||1 Tablespoon|
|For ganache icing|
|Dark chocolate||6 Ounce (185 Gram)|
|Cream||5 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (2/3 Cup / 170 Milliliter)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|For meringue mushrooms|
|Caster sugar||2 1⁄2 Ounce (1/3 Cup / 75 Gram)|
|Dark chocolate||1 Ounce, melted (30 Gram)|
|Cocoa powder||1 Teaspoon|
1) Take a small bowl to beat all the ingredients for the filling. Thoroughly beat to form soft peaks. Cover the bowl and place inside the refrigerator to chill.
2) Take a saucepan for preparing icing. Place all the ingredients for icing in the saucepan and heat the saucepan over low heat. Stir well to combine all the ingredients properly. Remove from heat and cool at room temperature. Again beat with a whisker till it thickens. Place inside the refrigerator for chilling.
3) Take another small bowl for preparing the mushrooms. Combine egg and vinegar and beat to form soft peaks. Slowly add sugar while continuing beating to make the meringue glossy and dense. Add cornflour and mix well.
4) Pour the mixture in a piping bag having usual nozzle.
5) Take a baking tray, greased and lined. Use the piping bag to pipe the mixture as mushroom tops and stems through the plain nozzle on the baking tray.
6) Set your oven at 120°C / 250°F / Gas ½. Place the baking tray inside the oven.
7) Bake the mushrooms for 30 minutes or until the meringue turns dry and crispy.
8) Let the mushrooms cool by sitting on the tray. Use melted chocolate to connect mushroom tops with stems. Sprinkle little cocoa powder on top of the mushrooms.
9) For assembling the Christmas log, spread the filling evenly on the cake. Roll up the cake firmly.
10) With a spatula, cover the log with icing mixture. Make the design of textured bark on the icing, using the spatula.
11) Arrange the mushrooms on and around the log.
12) Before serving, use icing sugar to dust the whole log.