Devil's Food Cake
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Potatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mashed|
|Milk||3⁄8 Cup (6 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (royal brand)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a bowl place shortening and beat to creamy consistency.
2) Fold in sugar, melted chocolate and mashed potatoes to the bowl and mix well.
3) Add egg yolk and milk to the mixture.
4) Separately sift in flour and baking powder and add the flour mixture to the bowl to beat thoroughly.
5) Add nuts, vanilla and beaten egg white to combine thoroughly.
6) In a greased shallow tin pour the batter.
7) Microwave in moderate oven for 25 to 35 minutes.
8) Sprinkle additional chopped nuts before serving.