Devil's Food Cake
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Potatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mashed|
|Milk||3⁄8 Cup (6 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (royal brand)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a bowl place shortening and beat to creamy consistency.
2) Fold in sugar, melted chocolate and mashed potatoes to the bowl and mix well.
3) Add egg yolk and milk to the mixture.
4) Separately sift in flour and baking powder and add the flour mixture to the bowl to beat thoroughly.
5) Add nuts, vanilla and beaten egg white to combine thoroughly.
6) In a greased shallow tin pour the batter.
7) Microwave in moderate oven for 25 to 35 minutes.
8) Sprinkle additional chopped nuts before serving.
Calories 351 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 27.5 mg9.2%
Sodium 147.3 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 26.2 g
Protein 7 g13%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet