|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Royal baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1) In a bowl, add shortening to cream.
2) Add sugar and beaten egg to the shortening.
3) Separately, sift together flour, baking powder and spices.
4) Add this to the liquid mixture.
5) Pour in milk and combine well.
6) Wash and drain raisins. Lightly coat with flour.
7) Add coated raisins to the mixture.
8) Use small greased tins to pour the batter.
9) Bake in moderate oven about 25 minutes.