|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
1) In a bowl, add shortening and whip to cream.
2) Gradually beat in sugar into the cream.
3) Pour in milk in little amount at a time and keep on beating.
4) Add beaten egg to the mixture.
5) Separately sift in flour, baking powder and salt together.
6) Add this flour mixture to the liquid mixture.
7) Add flavoring and grated orange rind to combine thoroughly.
8) Use greased shallow tin or individual cake tins to pour batter.
9) Bake in hot oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
10) Serve the cake by covering with your choice of icing.
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.3%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 28.3 mg9.4%
Sodium 195.5 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 26.2 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet