Almond Cream Cake
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), blanched ground|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Drop|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Remove Puff Pastry from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
2. Line a baking sheet with grease proof paper
3. Preheat the oven to 425°F, about 20 minutes before baking.
4. On a lightly floured work surface roll puff paste into a 1/3 inch thick sheet.
5. Cut our two 8-inch circles using a pie dish or plate.
6. Place one circle on prepared baking sheet. Keep aside.
7. In a mixing bowl, stir together the almonds, sugar, butter, egg yolks, rum and almond extract.
8. Spread filling over pastry base circle, within 1/2-inch of the edge.
9. Moisten border with water.
10. Sandwich it with second circle and press to stick and seal at the edges.
11. Combined egg and milk and use it to wash the pastry crust
12. Prick the pastry all over or make small slashes in a design, using a sharp tipped knife Refrigerator the pastry for about 30 minutes.
13. Bake pastry in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until puffed and golden.
14. Remove from oven and sprinkle confectioners' sugar on top and return to the oven for 5 minutes until caramelized.
15. Cut into wedges and serve warm
16. You can top the pasty with whipped cream or clotted cream if desired.