Fresh Blueberry Cake
|Fresh blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 450°F before baking.
2. Wash the fresh blueberries and place on paper towels. Dust a little sugar and allow to dry.
3. Take a bowl, add butter to sugar and flour and blend, without butter lumps, like pie crust. Keep aside ¾ cup crumb mixture.
4. Add eggs, baking powder, vanilla and milk to rest of the mixture and beat to assimilate the sugar completely and a non-grainy batter.
5. Take a 9 inch spring pan and grease it with butter. Pour the batter into the pan. Coat the sides of the pan with little batter.
6. Arrange blueberries in the center.
7. Mix 1 tbsp butter and cinnamon to the crumbs kept aside and knead with fingers to form crumbs. Top the berries.
8. Bake for 5 minutes, lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for 20 more minutes.
9. Serve cold or warm.