Fresh Blueberry Cake
|Fresh blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 450°F before baking.
2. Wash the fresh blueberries and place on paper towels. Dust a little sugar and allow to dry.
3. Take a bowl, add butter to sugar and flour and blend, without butter lumps, like pie crust. Keep aside ¾ cup crumb mixture.
4. Add eggs, baking powder, vanilla and milk to rest of the mixture and beat to assimilate the sugar completely and a non-grainy batter.
5. Take a 9 inch spring pan and grease it with butter. Pour the batter into the pan. Coat the sides of the pan with little batter.
6. Arrange blueberries in the center.
7. Mix 1 tbsp butter and cinnamon to the crumbs kept aside and knead with fingers to form crumbs. Top the berries.
8. Bake for 5 minutes, lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for 20 more minutes.
9. Serve cold or warm.
Calories 695 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.3 mg50.1%
Sodium 253.7 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.4%
Sugars 60.1 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 27.8% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet