Chocolate Lava Cake with Whipped Cream
|Bittersweet chocolate||8 Ounce, chop|
|Unsalted butter||12 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven at 375 degrees and prepare a butter greased muffin tin.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in a bain marie and whisk until you get a smooth texture.
3. Turn off the heat and remove then and add the granulated sugar and vanilla continue whisking.
4. Next add the flour and salt and whisk, slowly add one egg at a time, once it done pour the batter in the muffin tin about 2 ounces.
5. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top and bake for 5-8 minutes.
6. Serve with whipped cream and few chocolate chips sprinkled on top.
If you like them gooey in the middle, then you can cook them a bit longer if you like. You will see the cake firm up around the edges and then keep your eye on the center as it will cook more solid as you go and remember they will keep cooking a bit after you bring them out of the oven. These cakes really work best if you bake them at the end of the meal and serve them.
You can have the batter pre-made and then just load your tins and bake away. It is possible to bake in advance but you won’t have the same effect and the cakes could dry out when you reheat them for the truffle effect.
You can also make larger versions in regular muffin tins just adjust the baking time and double the recipe so you have enough batter to make it worthwhile.
Calories 1267 Calories from Fat 619
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.3%
Saturated Fat 39.1 g195.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 414 mg138%
Sodium 703.1 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 155 g51.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 121.1 g
Protein 16 g31.5%
Vitamin A 29.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.3% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet