Dense And Dark Chocolate Loaf
|Butter||8 Ounce (200 Gram, Plus Extra For Greasing)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (Extra For Greasing)|
|Dark chocolate||4 Ounce, broken into chunks (100 Gram, Use One That'S 70% Cocoa Solids)|
|Natural yogurt||150 Gram (150 Gram Pot)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Self raising flour||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Dark muscovado sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Double cream||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Dark chocolate||4 Ounce, chopped (100 Gram)|
1) Set your oven to preheat at 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Prepare a shelf at the middle of the oven.
2) In a large loaf tin (about 20cm long, measured from the top edge), place a large sized baking paper inside the loaf tin keeping extra paper on the sides.
3) In a large saucepan, put butter and chocolate. Heat up over low flame to melt the ingredients by continuous stirring.
4) Allow this to cool for 5 minutes and whisk in yogurt and vanilla to this. Next whisk eggs and a pinch of salt to the mixture.
5) In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and bicarbonate of soda. Stir this into the chocolate mixture to smooth consistency.
6) Pour this into the tin and place inside the oven.
7) Bake this for 45 minutes until it rises and has a shiny surface.
8) Allow to cool inside the tin for another 15 minutes. Turn out on a wire rack and allow cooling completely.
9) In a small saucepan, add cream and bring this to a boil. Stir in butter and half part of the chopped chocolate.
10) Remove from heat and allow melting down.
11) Ice the cake with the cream.
12) Sprinkle remaining chopped chocolate on top and serve.