Aubergine Pasta Cake
|Aubergines||1 Medium (Eggplant)|
|Pasta shapes||10 1⁄2 Ounce (300 Gram, Tri Color)|
|Low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Passata||12 Fluid Ounce (350 Milliliter, 1 1/3 Cups, Sieved Tomatoes)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry white breadcrumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
2) Grease and line an 8 inch round spring-form cake tin.
3) Trim, cut and slice the aubergine into 1/4 inch thick slices. Put them in a bowl, sprinkle a little salt, and keep aside for about 30 minutes, then rinse and drain them well.
4) In a saucepan, boil the water and blanch the aubergine slices for 1 minute. Drain and dry them well with the kitchen paper, keep aside.
5) Boil the pasta as per the packet instructions. Then drain well and return to the pan, sprinkle the soft cheese to melt over the pasta.
6) Stir in the passata, Parmesan cheese, oregano and seasoning, keep aside.
7) Closely line the aubergine slices on the base and sides of the prepared tin, then evenly spread the pasta mixture and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then allow to stand for 15 minutes.
9) Loosen the paste cake round the edge, then turn out the aubergine side up on a plate.
10) Serve immediately in a nice plate.