|Eggs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (About 5)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 350°F.
2) Use a rotary beater to beat the eggs to light and fluffy.
3) Slowly add sugar, salt and vanilla and beat the mixture to thick and lemony.
4) Add flour by 2 tablespoonfuls at a time and mix well.
5) Gently fold in all ingredients and combine thoroughly.
6) Use two 8-inch cake pans to line with waxed paper on the bottoms and grease.
7) Pour in batter into cake pans.
8) Place the pan inside oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
9) Allow the cakes to cool in pans.
10) Slice the cakes in 2 layers after removing from pans.
11) Arrange the layers together and spread filling between layers and cover with frosting.