Cream of Coconut Cake
|For the batter|
|White cake mix||18 1⁄4 Ounce (Duncan Hines)|
|Water||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Mild olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut extract||1 Teaspoon|
|For the mixture|
|Coconut cream||15 Ounce (Lopez)|
|Condensed milk||14 Ounce (eagle)|
|For the topping|
|Cool whip||16 Ounce (or 3 cups whipped cream)|
|Shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease a baking pan and dust it with flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
3. In a large mixing bowl empty the cake mix add water, olive oil, eggs, coconut extract, whisk well to get a smooth batter.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
6. In a bowl mix cream of coconut and the condensed milk and keep it aside.
7. Remove the cake from the oven and gently using the fork make holes in them.
8. Pour the entire mixture of the cream of coconut over the cake.
9. Keep the cake aside for 20 minutes or more so that all the mixture is observed in the cake.
10. Evenly spread the whipping cream on top of the cake garnish it with grated coconut.
11. Serve after a hearty Italian meal.
For a white cake you can only use the egg white
It is better to whip the mixture with hand because it allows all the ingredients to stay intact and it makes the baking extra light.
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.2%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55 mg18.3%
Sodium 320.5 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 54.1 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet