How to Make a Delicious Gluten-free Apple Cake
|Apples||3 Medium, cored, peeled and sliced|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|For dry ingredients|
|Potato flour||100 Gram|
|Brown rice flour||100 Gram|
|Cream of tarter||1 Teaspoon|
|Bicarbonate of soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For wet ingredients|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Creme fraiche||200 Gram|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 355° F.
2. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking tin with a parchment paper, and let the paper hang on the edges of the tin.
3. In a bowl, put all the dry ingredients together and mix using a fork.
4. Core, peel and slice the apples and put it in a bowl.
6. Drizzle the lemon juice over apple slices , and mix well to coat.
7. In another bowl, put together eggs, vanilla extract and sugar and beat for about 4 or 5 minutes with an electric mixer or until the egg mixture is pale.
8. Put in the crème fraîche and beat for about a minute, until combined.
9. Add in the flour mixture, stir and mix quickly with a spatula or wooden spoon until well combined.
10. Put in the apple slices and fold quickly until mixed it.
11. In baking tin lined with parchment paper, pour the batter and bake for about 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
12. Lift the cake from the tin, holding the parchment paper and place it on a wire rack and allow to cool.
13. Dust the cake with icing sugar, cut into cubes and serve.