The video shows step by step instructions to make a simple and delicious apple cake.
3 Medium, cored, peeled and sliced
1⁄2 , juiced
For dry ingredients
Brown rice flour
Cream of tarter
Bicarbonate of soda
For wet ingredients
1. Preheat the oven to 355° F.
2. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking tin with a parchment paper, and let the paper hang on the edges of the tin.
3. In a bowl, put all the dry ingredients together and mix using a fork.
4. Core, peel and slice the apples and put it in a bowl.
6. Drizzle the lemon juice over apple slices , and mix well to coat.
7. In another bowl, put together eggs, vanilla extract and sugar and beat for about 4 or 5 minutes with an electric mixer or until the egg mixture is pale.
8. Put in the crème fraîche and beat for about a minute, until combined.
9. Add in the flour mixture, stir and mix quickly with a spatula or wooden spoon until well combined.
10. Put in the apple slices and fold quickly until mixed it.
11. In baking tin lined with parchment paper, pour the batter and bake for about 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
12. Lift the cake from the tin, holding the parchment paper and place it on a wire rack and allow to cool.
13. Dust the cake with icing sugar, cut into cubes and serve.
Easiest Apple Cake ever ! This recipe video shows you how easy it is to make the apple cake with the most common of ingredients. Sour cream, gluten-free flour and apples combine to give you the crisp and fresh flavour of an apple cake. This cake, when fresh and warm, is sure to uplift the darkest of moods on a cloudy and wet day and the cubes can be stored for later usage.