Gingerbread Peach Upside Down Cake
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned peach slices||20 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Gingerbread mix||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Melt butter in the skillet over low heat. Sprinkle brown sugar over top of butter. Drain peach slices and arrange on top of brown sugar.
2. Prepare gingerbread mix according to directions on package. Carefully spoon over peaches.
3. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Place over low heat and bake 30 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched with fingers. Remove cover and let stand 2 minutes.
4. Cut around side of cake with a knife. Invert a large platter on top of skillet. Turn over and let stand 1 minute. Remove skillet. Scrape, any syrup out of bottom of skillet and place on cake.
5. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream, if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3379 Calories from Fat 808
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g133%
Saturated Fat 40.9 g204.6%
Trans Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 121 mg40.3%
Sodium 2983.5 mg124.3%
Total Carbohydrates 646 g215.4%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g49.9%
Sugars 471.3 g
Protein 20 g39.6%
Vitamin A 114.8% Vitamin C 26.5%
Calcium 53.8% Iron 61.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet