Apricot Pineapple Sponge
|Dietetic apricots||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , unbeaten|
|No caloric liquid sweetener||3 Teaspoon|
|Canned dietetic sliced pineapple||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), drained and diced|
1. Put apricots through food mill or coarse sieve, to puree.
2. Sprinkle gelatine over 1/2 cup cold water, to soften. Add boiling water, stirring until gelatine is dissolved.
3. Refrigerate until consistency of unbeaten egg white.
4. Add egg whites; with rotary beater, beat until soft peaks form.
5. Fold in sweetener, pureed apricots, and pineapple.
6. Refrigerate 1 hour.
7. Stir; then spoon into 6 serving dishes, mounding high. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.