Cherry Topping Pineapple Upside Down Cake
|Pineapple||470 Gram, sliced|
|Brown sugar||125 Milliliter|
|Self rising flour||440 Milliliter|
1. Take butter out of refrigerator in advance to soften, and set oven temperature at 170-190°C (350-375°F).
2. Grease a deep, round 23 cm (9 inch) cake tin.
3. Drain pineapple well. Melt butter over a gentle heat and mix with brown sugar.
4. Spread over base of cake tin. Arrange pineapple slices over butter and sugar mixture, placing a cherry in the centre of each slice.
5. Sieve flour.
6. Beat butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and creamy.
7. Add egg and mix in thoroughly.
8. Stir in milk and sieved flour alternately until well blended.
9. Spread cake mixture carefully over pineapple in cake tin and bake in a moderate oven for 45-50 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 2-3 minutes, then turn upside-down on a serving plate. It is delicious eaten hot or cold, either by itself or with cream or ice cream.