Honey Cake Lekach
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strong coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Citron||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut|
1. Preheat oven to slow (300° F.). Line a 10 by 15 by 2 1/4-inch pan with waxed paper.
2. Beat the eggs lightly. Add the sugar gradually and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Combine the honey and coffee and stir it into the oil. Blend the mixture into the eggs and sugar.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder, soda and spices together. Stir in the nuts, raisins and citron and blend the mixture into the egg mixture. Stir in the cognac and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
5. Bake one hour. Cool and cut into squares.
Calories 1165 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.9%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 633 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 220 g73.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 126.4 g
Protein 23 g46%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 23.9% Iron 39.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet