|Butter cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raspberry jam/Strawberry jam||8 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Icing||1 1⁄2 Pound (750 Gram)|
|Icing||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
1. Grease and line the number tins and place them on a large baking sheet. Divide the cake mixture between the tins and level the surface. Bake in a preheated oven, 160°C (325°F), Gas Mark 3, for about 50 minutes or until just firm and a skewer, inserted into the centres, comes out clean. Leave to cool.
2. Cut the cakes in half horizontally and sandwich them with the buttercream and half the jam. Spread the remaining jam over the tops and sides of the cakes.
3. Dust your work surface with icing sugar and roll out 500 g (1 lb) of the pale blue icing very thinly to a rectangle that is slightly smaller than the cake board. Dampen the board and lift the icing on to the board. Smooth it down gently with the palms of your hands and trim the icing, leaving a border 2 cm (3/4 inch) wide around the edges.
4. Thinly roll out 200 g (7 oz) of the brown icing and cut out long strips. Use these to cover the edges of the board, trimming off the excess around the edges. Reserve the trimmings.
5. Roll out half the dark blue icing and use it to cover one of the numbers, easing the icing down the sides and trimming off the excess around the base. If necessary patch up any gaps around the sides. Carefully transfer the cake to the board. Cover the second cake with the remaining icing and put it on the board.
6. Roll the remaining pale blue and brown icing into long, thin ropes. Twist together and cut into manageable lengths. Drape over the cakes, securing with a dampened paintbrush. Arrange the tea lights around the numbers and secure the brown ribbon around the sides of the board.
Calories 2119 Calories from Fat 723
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g131.5%
Saturated Fat 21 g104.9%
Trans Fat 22.8 g
Cholesterol 528.7 mg176.2%
Sodium 973.6 mg40.6%
Total Carbohydrates 310 g103.3%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 282.9 g
Protein 18 g35.2%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.6% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet