Cold Water Sponge Cake
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Sifted cake flour||255 Gram|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 325° F. Have ready a 9-inch tube pan, ungreased.
2. Combine the egg yolks and water and beat until light and doubled in bulk. Gradually add the sugar and beat 2 minutes; beat in the lemon peel and juice.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder together 3 times; fold into the egg mixture.
4. Whip the egg whites stiff with the salt and fold into the batter.
5. Pour into the tube pan. Bake about 50 minutes. Invert the pan on its tube to cool or on a cake rack.