Stuffed Pan Cakes
|Ham slice||3 (Bayonne Style)|
|Comte cheese/Gruyere||4 Ounce, grated (100 Grams)|
|Double cream||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Canned asparagus tips||14 Ounce (400 Grams)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 , grated|
|Butter||3⁄4 Ounce (20 Grams)|
1. Bring 1 litre (1 3/4 pints) water to the boil. Open the asparagus tins, rinse the tips in a colander and drain. Plunge them in the boiling water for 2 seconds and drain.
2. Meanwhile, remove the rind of the ham, put the slices on top of each other and cut into squares.
3. In a bowl, place the ham squares, cream, grated cheese (reserving a little to sprinkle over the pancakes) and nutmeg. Season with pepper and a little salt.
4. Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F; gas mark 8).
5. Place the asparagus tips in a bowl and mix gently with the ham and cheese mixture, using a wooden spoon, until the mixture is smooth.
6. Fill each pancake with some stuffing and roll them up.
7. In a lightly buttered ovenproof dish, place the pancakes and dot with knobs of butter and the remaining cheese. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, until the cheese melts and starts to brown, checking from time to time.