Whipped Cream Cake
|Sifted cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 375" F. Rub a 9-inch tube pan with margarine or shortening.
2. Sift the flour with the sugar, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt 3 times.
3. Whip the cream stiff.
4. Beat the egg whites with the 1/4 teaspoon salt until stiff.
5. Combine the whipped cream and beaten egg whites with the water and vanilla. Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients, folding gently into the whipped cream mixture. Pour the batter into the tube pan.
6. Bake about 45 minutes. Let the cake cool slightly in the pan, then carefully remove it to the cake rack and let it cool thoroughly before icing. Use your favorite frosting or icing.